|Whirling Of Shafts Demonstrator :
Whirling Of Shafts Demonstrator
The set up is designed to study the
whirling of shafts. The set-up consists of a sturdy M.S. frame, variable
speed motor bearing holders etc. Different bearing can be fitted in
bearing block to have different end conditions i.e. (i) both end fixed,
(ii) one end free and one end fixed etc. A variable speed motor is
provided to drive the shaft along with speed control unit as the test is
destructive, hence the shaft cannot be used again.
- Display of various modes of whril for a shaft with:
- Both ends directionally fixed.
- One ends fixed and other free
- Both ends directionally free.
- Modes of vibrations can be studied and frequency can be measured in each case.
Utilities Required :
- Floor area of 2m x 0.5 m
- Electric supply of 230V, AC