|River Flow Simulator :
River Flow Simulator
- A self-contained river flow simulator
for the study and visualisation of river formations, bedload studies and
- Stainless steel tank with a 2150mm x 900mm working area
- Tank mounted on a steel frame with jacking system to easily and safely adjust the tank slope while fully loaded
- Uses sand as the media for detailed feature development and bedload motion studies
- Water inlet vessel with stilling can be positioned anywhere in the tank
- Water reservoir, submersible pump, variable area flow meter and control valve giving flows from 1.5 to 15l/min
- Supplied with comprehensive instruction manual.
- Robust stainless steel tank
- Uses sand for realistic and highly detailed feature formation
- Sturdy frame with dual jacks to vary slope
- Stilled water inlet vessel, featuring variable positioning
- Variable height exit
- Self-contained, includes pump and water reservoir
- Variable flow, with flow meter
The unit comprises a rectangular tank,
made of stainless steel, measuring 215cm by 90cm. The tank is positioned
and secured on a metal supporting frame. A manual jacking system
enables the slope of the tank to be easily and safely adjusted, even
when the tank is full of material and water.
The sturdy construction enables real sand to be used in the tank. This
gives fine detailed and realistic feature simulation not obtainable on
systems, which use plastic pellets. In this way all principles of river
formation and bed load motion can be studied. For best results the use
of washed and graded sand is recommended.
The water reservoir is located at the
tank discharge, and water is pumped from the reservoir to the water
inlet vessel using a low voltage submersible pump.
The inlet vessel is a 1.8l vessel, which can be positioned anywhere in
the main tank. It is kept in its desired position by the sand within the
tank. The vessel incorporates a stilling mechanism and an outlet weir
designed to produce a smooth output water flow into the main tank.
Working area: 2150mm x 900mm
Flow range: 1.5-15l/min
Accuracy of flow metering:±2% full-scale
Slope adjustment – working slope: 0 – 6º, 10º max