|Propeller Turbine Demonstration Unit :
Propeller Turbine Demonstration Unit
- Self contained, small scale hydropower unit designed to demonstrate the operating principles of a propeller turbine.
- 75 litre water reservoir.
- Circulating pump which produces 14m head at 4.4 litres/second.
- Loaded by a magnetic brake unit which is controlled direct from the PC
- Links to a PC via a USB interface.
- Electronic sensors monitor process variables.
- Supplied with full education software package including comprehensive results processing and help facilities.
The Propeller Turbine consists of a
framework base which houses a large water reservoir and a circulating
pump. A stainless steel top supports the turbine itself and a
dynamometer assembly The propeller itself is housed in a clear acrylic
pipe to allow maximum visibility of the workings. The unit incorporates a
paddle wheel type flow meter and a pressure sensor to measure the inlet
condition of the water. The dynamometer module incorporates a magnetic
type brake which applies load to the turbine. The level of braking is
controlled directly from the software. A load cell measures the braking
force, and hence the power, and an optical sensor measures the
rotational speed of the turbine.
- Maximum Power: 55W
- Maximum Speed: 8500rpm
- Maximum Torque: 0.60Nm