|Plunger Pump Demonstration Unit :
Plunger Pump Demonstration Unit
- A small-scale plunger pump
demonstration unit, comprising of a water reservoir, pump, control
valve, relief valve and interconnecting pipe work, all mounted on a
stainless steel base.
- Includes both a sprung loading valve and a needle valve for loading the pump.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for cylinder pressure, plunger position, pump outlet pressure and cumulative flow.
- Pulsation damping facility.
- Transparent pump head for visibility.
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied) via an interface console (an essential accessory).
- Supplied with software providing full
instructions for setting up, operating, calibrating and performing the
teaching exercises. Facilities provided for logging, processing and
displaying data graphically.
- Full theoretical back-up included together with a student questions and answers session.
- Measurement during each pump cycle of:
- plunger displacement
- cylinder pressure
- pump outlet pressure
- On-line P-V diagram displays
- Measurement of volumetric efficiency
- Measuring the effect on pump performance of:
- sprung loading valve or needle valve
- adjusting the outlet loading valve
- the inclusion of a pulsation damper vessel
A motor driven plunger pump, mounted on a
stainless steel plinth with a water reservoir, pulsation damper and
pipework for continuous circulation. The pump head, measuring tank,
pulsation damper and the water reservoir are manufactured from clear
acrylic for maximum visibility. The pump outlet is connected to both a
sprung loading valve and a needle valve to investigate different loading
characteristics. A pressure relief valve protects the operator and the
equipment. An additional valve can be used to isolate or include the
pulsation damper, allowing the effect of damping to be investigated
Electronic sensors measure the
instantaneous cylinder pressure within the pump, the pump displacement
and the cumulative flow over a period of time.
- Max flow rate: 0.725 l/m typical
- Max head: 4 bar
- Swept volume: 15mm stroke x 32mm diameter
- Pumping speed: variable up to 60 strokes/minute
- Motor power rating: 250W