|Pelton Turbine Demonstration Unit :
Pelton Turbine Demonstration Unit
- Small scale hydropower unit designed to demonstrate the operating principles of an impulse turbine.
- Transparent guarding allows excellent visibility of the pelton wheel operation.
- Mounts on a dedicated service unit.
- Connects to a PC via the service unit and a USB interface device.
- Determining the characteristics of the
turbine, including the relationships of volume flow rate, head, torque
produced, power output and efficiency to rotational speed.
- Comparison of throttle control and spear valve control of the speed of a Pelton Turbine.
The Pelton Turbine consists of an inlet
manifold which supplies water to a spear valve which allows users to
vary the jet cross section while maintaining the water velocity. The
runner itself is mounted in a clear acrylic enclosure to allow maximum
visibility of the workings.
The unit incorporates a pressure sensor
to measure the inlet condition of the water. This pressure can be
accurately controlled using the software supplied with the service unit.
- Maximum Power: 23W
- Maximum Speed: 3800rpm
- Maximum Torque: 0.20Nm