|Parallel Flow and Counter Flow Heat Exchanger :
Parallel Flow and Counter Flow Heat Exchanger
Heat exchanger is devices in which heat
is transferred from one fluid to another. The apparatus consists of a
concentric tube heat exchanger. Hot water flows through inner tube in
one direction only and cold water flows over the inner tube in outer
tube. Direction of cold fluid flow can be changed from parallel or
counter to hot water so that unit can be operated as parallel or counter
flow heat exchanger. Flow rates of hot and cold water are measured
using Rotameters. A magnetic drive pump is used to circulate the hot
water from a re-cycled type water tank, which is fitted with heaters and
Digital Temperature Controller.
- To calculate the following parameters both for parallel and Counter flow arrangement.
- To find the rate of heat transfer
- To calculate the LMTD Overall heat transfer co-efficient.
- To compare the performance of Parallel and Counter flow heat exchanger
- Water supply 10 lit/min (approx.) and drain
- Electricity Supply: 1Phase, 220 V AC, 3 kW
- Floor area 2 m x 0.6m