|Multistage Centrifugal Pump Test Rig :
Multistage Centrifugal Pump Test Rig
The setup is designed to study the performance of Multi stage centrifugal pumps.
Set up consists of a multi stage
centrifugal pump coupled with DC motor & drive, supply tank,
measuring tank & pipe fittings for closed loop water circulation.
There are 2 separate pumps connected to DC motor and drive and can be
connected in series and parallel to stimulate different combinations.
Pressure and Vacuum gauges are connected on delivery and suction side of
each pump for the purpose of measurement.
Swinging Field Dynamometer arrangement
for direct torque measurement using dial type spring balance is made for
individual pump. The flow rate of water is measured using measuring
tank and stop watch provided
- The Centrifugal Pump Test Rig allows the students to understand the
performance benefits of Centrifugal Pumps in parallel & series mode
- Speed Vs Discharge
- Head Vs Discharge at various speeds.
- Efficiency curves at various speed and heads
Utilities Required :
- Electric supply
- Provide 230 +/- 10 VAC, 50 Hz, single phase electric supply with proper earthing. (Neutral – Earth voltage less than 5 VAC.),
- 5A, three pin socket with switch for pump.