|Mobile Bed and Flow Visualisation Tank :
Mobile Bed and Flow Visualisation Tank
- A self contained recirculating water tank for flow visualisation and mobile bed studies.
- The tank is manufactured from glass reinforced plastic and all components in contact with water are of non-corroding materials.
- The working section has minimum dimensions of 2m(4m) x 610mm and the flow range is 0-3.5 litres/sec.
- Fifteen models and accessories are
included as standard and a sheet of coloured glass allows rapid
changeover from mobile bed to flow visualisation mode.
- All controls are housed in a portable console which includes a flexible cable and water safe connectors.
The tank is moulded from self coloured
Oxford Blue glass fibre reinforced plastic with steel reinforcements to
provide ridgidity. It is manufactured in three sections; the inlet tank,
the working section and the discharge reservoir tank. The sections are
joined by flanged connections and despatched from the factory as a
complete assembly. A drop-tight adjustable overshot weir with upstream
sand trap is accommodated within the discharge tank. The inlet tank
features a perforated baffle plate which spreads the flow evenly across
the width of the table.
A removable glass sheet coloured blue on
one side, white on the other, is provided to cover the sand bed when
flow visualisation experiments are in progress. A pair of adjustable
aluminium instruments rails are fitted to the top of the tank. These
extend over the full length of the working section and one rail carries a
The depth gauge supplied is used to
measure the water level and to map the contours of the sand bed produced
during excercises. It is provided with a stainless steel hook and point
and incorporates a Vernier scale enabling levels to be determined
Working area: 2 metres x 610mm or 4 metres x 610mm
Max water depth: 120mm
Thickness of sand bed: 60mm
Flow range: 0-3.5 litres/sec
Sump capacity: 300 litres
Accuracy of flow metering: ±1.5% of full scale deflection