|Losses Due To Friction in Pipe Lines :
Losses Due To Friction in Pipe Lines
The setup consists of 2 pipes of
differential diameters, Which are connected in parallel. Pressure
tapings are provided on each pipe to measure the pressure losses with
the help of a differential manometer Control valves are fitted on each
pipe , Which enables to use one pipe at a time for experiment .
Resent set-up is self- contained water
re-circulating unit, provided with a sump tank and a centrifugal pump
etc. Flow control valve and by-pass valve are fitted in water line to
conduct the experiment on different flow rate of water is measured with
the help of measuring tank and stop watch.
Scope Of Experiment :
- To determine the losses due to fiction in pipes.
- To determine the friction factor for Darcy weis back equation
- Water supply
- Electricity 0.5 kw, 220 V AC , single phase
- Floor area 1.5 x .75m
Technical Details :
- Pipes (2 nos.) material GI of ½ & 1” diameter
- Pipe test section
- Water circulation
- Flow measurement using 25 Liters.
- Sump tank
- Pumps are in Kiloaker
- Tanks will be made of stainless steel.
- The whole set up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painter structure.