| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Linear Heat Conduction from India
|Linear Heat Conduction
ALABS-A143-004 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Linear Heat Conduction :
Linear Heat Conduction
- A small-scale accessory designed to
introduce students to the principles of linear heat conduction, and to
enable the thermal conductivity of various solid conductors and
insulators to be measured.
- Comprises a heating section, cooling section plus four intermediate section conductor samples and two insulator samples.
- The heating section, cooling section
and one of the intermediate sections are fitted with thermocouples
(eight in total) evenly spread along the length of the assembled
- All sections are insulated to minimise errors due to heat loss.
- Includes a water pressure regulator and a manual flow control valve.
- Includes a water pressure regulator, an
electronic proportioning solenoid valve to control the cooling water
flow rate and a water flow meter.
- Heater power variable up to 60 Watts.
- Water flow rate variable up to 1.5l/min.
- Heating and cooling sections, 25mm diameter.
- The accessory is mounted on a PVC
baseplate, which is designed to stand on the bench top and connect to
the Heat Transfer Service Unit without the need for tools.
- A comprehensive instruction manual is supplied.
- The accessory comprises a heating
section and cooling section, which can be simply clamped together or
clamped with interchangeable intermediate sections between them, as
required. The temperature difference created by the application of heat
to one end of the resulting wall and cooling at the other end results in
the flow of heat linearly through the wall by conduction.
- Thermocouples are positioned along both
the heated sections at uniform intervals of 15mm to measure the
temperature gradient along the sections.
- A pressure regulator is incorporated to minimise the effect of fluctuations in the supply pressure.