|Junction Diode Rectifier & Filter Characteristics :
Junction Diode Rectifier & Filter Characteristics
Study of junction diode rectifier & filter characteristics.
1. Study of junction diode rectifier output and ripple content for different resistive loads for :
(1) Half wave.
(2) Full wave (Centre Tap).
(3) Full wave (Bridge).
(4) Voltage doubler circuit.
2. Study of filter and load regulation characteristics for half wave and
full wave rectifier having different resistive loads and filters of the
(1) Capacitor filter.
(2) Capacitor Filter with capacitor value doubled.
(3) Inductor filter.
(4) Capacitor input L section filter.
(5) Capacitor input p section filter.
The board consists of the following built-in parts :
1. Mains transformer, secondary centre tap 100-0-100V at 100 mA.
2. DC Milliammeter, 65mm rectangular dial to read 0-100 mA.
3. DC Voltmeter, 65mm rectangular dial to read 0-300 V.
4. Four Silicon Junction Diodes.
5. Filter choke.
6. Adequate no. of other electronic components.
7. Mains ON/OFF switch, Fuse and Jewel light.