| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Impulse Turbine Demonstration Unit from India
|Impulse Turbine Demonstration Unit
ALABS-A43-032 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Impulse Turbine Demonstration Unit :
Impulse Turbine Demonstration Unit
- Small scale hydropower unit designed to demonstrate the operating principles of an impulse turbine.
- Horizontal shaft and transparent guarding allow excellent visibility.
- Mounts on a dedicated service unit.
- Connects to a PC via the service unit and a USB interface device.
- Determining the characteristics of the
turbine, including the relationships of volume flow rate, head, torque
produced, power output and efficiency to rotational speed.
- Comparison of nozzle and throttling control of an Impulse Turbine
The Impulse Turbine Unit consists of an
inlet manifold which supplies water to four jets which are equally
spaced around the turbine runner. Each of the jets can be individually
controlled using ball valves. The runner itself is mounted on a
horizontal shaft with a clear acrylic splash guard to allow maximum
visibility of the workings. The unit incorporates a pressure sensor to
measure the inlet condition of the water. This pressure can be
accurately controlled using the software supplied with the service unit.
- Maximum Power: 35W
- Maximum Speed: 7000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 0.15Nm