|Heat Transfer Teaching Equipment :
Heat Transfer Teaching Equipment
- A bench top service unit designed to interface to a range of heat transfer accessories.
- Provides a variable, stabilised 0-24V DC supply to the heater of the heat transfer accessory, with a current capability of 9A.
- Provides a drive signal for a proportioning solenoid valve used for flow control.
- Provides a control signal to a variable speed blower used for generating airflow.
- 10 temperature inputs and conditioning circuits for K-type thermocouples:
- 9 off, 0-133°C, resolution <0.1°C
- 1 off, 0-500°C, resolution <0.15°C
- Instrumentation inputs for heater voltage, heater current, air flow, water flow, radiation and light meter.
- Integral USB interface, and educational software for all accessories.
- Outputs can be controlled manually from the front panel, or controlled by the software from a user supplied PC.
- Watchdog circuit for operator and equipment safety in case of computer or interface failure when being controlled remotely.
- Easy interfacing to 3rd party software e.g. LabView, MatLab.
- A comprehensive instruction manual
describing how to carry out the laboratory teaching exercises in
non-steady state heat transfer and their analysis as well as assembly,
installation and commissioning is included.
- Small-scale, benchtop equipment
- Common service unit avoids unnecessary cost duplication for control and instrumentation
- Multiple accessories available covering a wide range of heat transfer investigations
- Computer control of heaters, water flow, air flow, with safety functions implemented to allow for remote operation
- Improved accuracy for quantitative results which can be related directly to theory
- Integral USB interface