| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Heat Pipe Demonstrator from India
|Heat Pipe Demonstrator
ALABS-A143-035 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Heat Pipe Demonstrator :
Heat Pipe Demonstrator
- It is a super-conducting device and
involves the transfer of heat by boiling and condensation of a fluid and
hence transfer of heat takes place under nearly isothermal condition.
In this apparatus the comparison of heat pipe with the copper pipe as
good conductor of heat and with the stainless steel pipe as same
material of construction is made. It consists of three identical
cylindrical conductors in respect of geometry.
- One end of these is heated electrically
while there are small capacity tanks acting as heat sinks at the other
end. The unit consists of a heat pipe, a copper pipe and a stainless
- The performance of the heat pipe as a
super-conducting device can be studied well in terms of the temperature
distribution along the length at a given instant and can be compared
with other two members. Nearly isothermal temperature distribution and
fast rise of temperature in heat sink tank reveals the heat pipe
superiority over the conventional conductors.
- To demonstrate the super thermal conductivity of Heat Pipe and to
compare its working with best conductor i.e. Copper pipe & Stainless
steel pipe as same material of construction.
- To plot the temperature v/s time response of pipes.
- To plot the temperature distribution along the length of pipes
- Electricity Supply : 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 4 Amp.
- Table for set-up support.
- Pipes1st: Heat pipe made of stainless steel
- Pipes 2nd: Made of copper
- Pipes 3rd: Made of Stainless steel
- Size: 32mm dia, 350 mm length (Approx.)
- Heat Sink: Material Stainless steel.
- Working fluid in heat pipe: Distilled water
- Heaters: Nichrome Wire Band Type
- Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volts.
- Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp.
- Variac: 0-230 V, 4 Amp.
- Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-2000 C, with multi-channel switch
- Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
- Instruction Manual: An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus