| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Heat Exchanger Service Module from India
|Heat Exchanger Service Module
ALABS-A143-013 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Heat Exchanger Service Module :
Heat Exchanger Service Module
- Benchtop service unit, designed to accommodate a range of different small-scale heat exchangers.
- Comprises hot water vessel, hot water
recirculation pump, cold water control system, computer interface and
all necessary instrumentation.
- The hot water vessel is made from clear
acrylic (for visibility) and includes a 2kW heater with thermostatic
over-temperature cut-out and low water level detection.
- The hot water pump is bi-directional
(to allow co-current and counter- current investigations without
re-configuring the hardware) and the flow rate is under computer
- The cold water system includes a
manually adjustable pressure regulator and a flow control valve which is
under computer control.
- Flow rates for both fluid streams in excess of 5L/min are achievable,
- Up to 10 temperatures (K-type thermocouples) can be monitored using the service unit. Operating range, 0-75°C, resolution 0.1°C.
- Two flow meters are included, operating range 0.2 to 9 l/min resolution 0.1l/min
- All data is available to a (user
supplied) Windows PC, via a USB interface. This computer is also used to
control the flow rates, hot water temperature, and hot water direction.
- Full software for educational use is included.
- A comprehensive instruction manual is included.
- Small-scale, benchtop equipment
- Fast response times allow in depth investigations in a short time
- Representative of industrial heat exchangers
- Multiple, industrially representative heat exchangers available
- All functions computer controlled,
including reversing of one of the fluid streams for co-current and
counter-current investigations Standard USB interface
- Safety functions implemented to allow for remote operation by computer
- Full educational software with data logging, control, graph plotting, and detailed ‘Help’
- Suitable for project work. The service bench provides facilities for evaluating in-house heat exchanger designs
The equipment is a service unit, to
allow the operation of one of the range of small scale heat exchanger
systems. It provides controlled cold water flow, bi-directional hot
water flow and the instrumentation required to do a series of in-depth
investigations into heat exchanger performance. The individual heat
exchangers can be quickly changed over, to allow comparisons between
different types of heat exchanger to be made