| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Ground Water Flow Unit from India
|Ground Water Flow Unit
ALABS-A113-002 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Ground Water Flow Unit :
Ground Water Flow Unit
- Bench-standing sand tank capable of demonstrating, on a small scale, the hydrological principles of ground water flow.
- The unit allows simple three
dimensional flow situations to be set up quickly and measurements of
piezometric levels taken at appropriate positions within the model under
- The accompanying instruction manual describes six basic demonstrations of importance in Engineering Hydrology.
- The sand tank is manufactured in glass
reinforced plastic for durability in service and is located in a painted
mild steel frame which is designed for standing on a laboratory bench.
- A diffused water inlet/outlet with
associated flow control valve is installed at each end of the sand tank.
This facility allows the desired water table to be established for the
various demonstrations of groundwater flow.
- Two wells with control taps in the base
of the tank allow studies of abstraction. Nineteen tappings in the base
of the tank arranged in a cruciform configuration are connected to a
multi-tube manometer on the side of the tank. These indicate the profile
of the water table in the sand. A sliding cursor permits measurement of
- Appropriately sized cylindrical rings are provided as accessories for certain of the demonstrations described above.
Range: 0 to 155mm
Calibrated: 1mm intervals