|Gear Pump Demonstration Unit :
Gear Pump Demonstration Unit
- A small-scale gear pump demonstration
unit, comprising of a water reservoir, pump, control valve, relief valve
and inter- connecting pipework, all mounted on a stainless steel base.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for pump head pressure, flow-rate and water temperature.
- Transparent pump head for visibility
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied).
- Supplied with software providing full instructions for setting up, operating, calibrating and performing the teaching exercises.
- Facilities are provided for logging,
processing and displaying data graphically. Full theoretical back-up is
included together with a student questions and answers session.
- Demonstration of a gear pump in operation.
- Measurement of constant-speed pump performance, including the production of characteristic curves of outlet pressure against:
- flow rate
- motor shaft power
- pump speed
- pump efficiency
- volumetric efficiency
- Comparison of student calculations with computer results.
A motor driven gear pump, mounted on a
stainless steel plinth with a water reservoir and pipework for
continuous circulation. The pump head and the water reservoir are
manufactured from clear acrylic for maximum visibility.A manually
operated valve at the pump outlet allows control of the flow and a
pressure relief valve protects the operator and the equipment.
Electronic sensors measure the pump outlet pressure, the flow rate and
the water temperature.
- Max flow rate: 6.5l/m typical
- Max head: 25m
- Max pump speed: 1800rpm
- Motor power rating: 250W