| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Extended Surface Heat Transfer from India
|Extended Surface Heat Transfer
ALABS-A143-011 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Extended Surface Heat Transfer :
Extended Surface Heat Transfer
- A small scale bench top accessory
designed to measure the temperature profile and heat transfer along a
horizontal extended surface (cylindrical pin).
- A small diameter uniform rod is heated
at one end and heat flowing along the rod by conduction is lost to the
surroundings by a combination of natural convection and radiation. The
resulting heat transfer gives a temperature profile that may be
investigated and predicted by conventional analysis.
- The apparatus consists of a solid
cylindrical matt black brass bar of 10mm diameter and effective length
of 350mm supported in a frame and heated at one end. At intervals of
50mm from the heated end are eight thermocouples recording the surface
temperature so that a temperature profile along the bar may be
developed. An additional thermocouple records the ambient temperature.
- The heater is located inside an
insulated cylinder at one end of the apparatus. The heater input power
is controlled through the variable 240v ac supply from the Heat Transfer Service Unit and is designed to operate at up to 20 Watts
- All instrumentation and power supplies plug directly into the Heat Transfer Service Unit and readings are displayed on digital panel meters.
- Measuring the temperature distribution along an extended surface and comparing the result with a theoretical analysis.
- Calculating the heat transfer from an
extended surface resulting from the combined modes of free convection
and radiation heat transfer and comparing the result with a theoretical
- Determining the constant of proportionality/thermal conductivity of the rod material