| Altec Labs Manufacturers for
Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit from India
|Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit
ALABS-A43-035 ) | Altec Export Lab Specification:
|Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit :
Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit
- A small-scale multi-stage centrifugal
compressor demonstration unit, comprising of an inlet duct, the
compressor, an outlet duct and an adjustable aperture, all mounted on a
stainless steel base.
- Seven stages in the compressor.
- Equipped with electronic measurement sensors for head pressure, flow-rate (via orifice plate) and air temperature.
- Capable of being linked to a PC (not supplied) via a dedicated interface console (an essential accessory).
- Supplied with software providing full
instructions for setting up, operating, calibrating and performing the
teaching exercises. Facilities for logging, processing and displaying
- Full theoretical back-up together with a student questions and answers session.
- Measurement of constant-speed machine
performance in terms of static and total pressures, rotor speed and
motor shaft power, as a function of inlet flow
- Measurement of compressor efficiency and estimation of impeller power efficiency
- Measurement of performance at constant speeds
- Introduction to similarity laws for scale-up
- Comparison of student calculations with computer results
- A motor driven multi-stage centrifugal
compressor, mounted on a stainless steel plinth with transparent air
inlet and air outlet ducts. A manually operated adjustable aperture
allows the air flow rate to be varied at constant fan speed.
- A calibrated orifice plate is used on the discharge to measure the air flow rate.
- Electronic sensors measure the pressure
head developed across the blower, the pressure across the orifice plate
(and hence the flow rate) and the air temperature.
- The compressor speed is accurately
controlled by an advanced electronic inverter within the (an essential
accessory). This inverter also calculates the torque produced at the
motor drive shaft, allowing the power used by the fan to be derived.
Also provides the conditioning electronics for the sensors and allows
their readings to be displayed on the computer software.
- Connections are a single multi-way connector for the sensors and a connector for the pump motor drive.
- The equipment is provided with advanced
education and data logging software. See the software section of this
datasheet for further details.
- Max Flow Rate: 20 l/s typical
- Max Head: 6.0KPa
- Max fan speed 3000rpm
- Motor Power rating 250W
- Number of stages 7